Sunday, October 31, 2010

More Agony....

....with a few little successes thrown in.


First I painted the end-cap. Then I decided the plastic roll-up Tambour cupboard doors needed to be painted too. They had yellowed too much over the years.




So Mom and I masked them off. Then I primed them with Gripper, and painted them with the same color as the end-cap. I had used spray paint on the end-cap but I used a brush on the Tambour roll-up doors.
The one on the left is primed. The one on the right has been primed and painted.





Here's the end results. The picture is deceiving, but they really are the same color as the end-cap.
I still have to mask off and paint the small center section.


Meanwhile back at the ranch (actually it's just a house) I had another leaky sprinkler line. I dug down to it, which was very difficult because there was a maze of grapefruit tree roots lurking down there. In fact that's what caused the problem. A very large root pushed on a Tee in the line, which had a capped off sprinkler head on it, and caused the Tee to separate from the 3/4" PVC pipe. I cut off the Tee and installed a repair, compression coupling. They say 3rd times a charm, well, in this case it was the 6Th or 7Th try to finally get the nifty repair coupling to not leak.
The root was almost as large as the pipe.









I've spent two years in a dilemma over my green tile kitchen counter tops. One day recently I had an epiphany and realized the worse thing about the green tile was my beloved red kitchen accessories. So, I decided to 86 everything red and just go with green and white.

Here's my new green checked window valance. And to add a little spice I have a black coffee maker, tea kettle and toaster. Next is some more painting and new (or slightly used) white appliances.

4 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Blogger Donna McNicol said...

Love all the updating you are doing on your mom's trailer! Nice!!

Oh, and the home, too...LOL!

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Juengst said...

Looks like you are staying busy Sally, trailer looking good. So is the kitchen

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Amazing that you could fix the leak by yourself - I would have just freaked out. It's a good thing I don't have a house. I love the green and white - you were so right.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

Good job with the fixes and I love the green checked curtains.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home