Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Agony and the Argosy

I stole the title from someone else, but I like it because it really fits!!


Here's the worst of the worst of the rotted bathroom floor in the little Argosy. I spend sleepless nights trying to figure out what to do about it. Then I remind myself that someone else is going to figure out what to do about it. I just have to figure out how to pay for it.




Occasionally a project comes out really well, like the one below. I removed the screen door grill, took it home and spent two afternoons rubbing and scrubbing and polishing it. It's not perfect but it's 99% better. I had to repair a few broken rivets with tiny little nuts and bolts, and then I riveted the whole thing back in place. Also, I finally got the little white slide thing cut down and filed down just right so it would squeeze into the tiny little grooves and actually slide. Those two projects helped a lot to make up for the many projects that have not turned out so well.


There are at least 4 more projects on the regular door and the screen door before that area is finished with. It seems like every project that is started leads to 4 or 5 more projects, and just as many trips to the hardware store.

1 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Blogger Diana said...

You are my hero(ine)! You can do anything!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home