Monday, June 14, 2010

My 2010 Summer Travels

The heat arrived in the Phoenix Valley, so I headed for the mountains. I'm up on my little half acre near Concho, in the White Mountains, but since my land partner isn't coming up this summer, I have the whole acre to myself.


Last summer I had problems with my DirecTV receiver box and this summer I had problems with my dish. But with the help of my friend and electronics wizard Jack, I'm getting DirecTV reception with a Dish satellite dish. = )



This is the view from the front steps of my trailer.


Here's a shady little spot where I occasionally have my morning coffee. It makes me feel like I'm sitting right in the middle of a Juniper bush.



Here's Cute Little Bear, welcoming me and my guests.



This is the view looking down the driveway.



I've been spending some of my time working on plans for the rest of my summer travels. Of course my plans, like most RVers plans, are set in jell-o and subject to change at anytime, without notice. As of now, I am planning on heading to New Mexico this coming Sunday. Besides new Mexico the route will be taking me to Colorado, Wyoming, back down to Colorado, over to Utah and down into Arizona as I head back to the Phoenix area around October 8Th.

Microsoft Streets and Trips tells me my route is 2800 miles and would take 6 days, 1 hour and 33 minutes to drive, but I'm going to take my time and spend 124 days (or 4 months) doing the loop. Beside the 2800 miles driving my truck and pulling the trailer, I will probably put about 2,000 miles on the Harley also.

5 Comments:

At 4:18 AM, Blogger Juengst said...

"Plans set in Jello" how accurate!!
Wish I had thought of that.

Your property looks like good hunting area, should be plentiful wildlife viewing from your coffee tree.

Your tow to ride miles estimate are about right in my experience.

Have fun and be safe

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Ted and Mary Ellen said...

Good info Sally! I'll be following your progress...and adventures!

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Diana said...

Are you going to Cheyenne Days? Also, I have info on places to stay at Grand Teton when you're ready. Looks like a great summer, but sorry you're not meeting up with the WINs.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger sally said...

Diana, I am planning on going to Cheyenne Days, and I plan to meet up with the WINs at the Jackson/Tetons gathering.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Hundewanderer said...

Happy travels Sally, be safe and we'll see you this Fall... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home