Monday, March 15, 2010

Home Sweet fixed-up Home

I had a big crack in the tile in my shower. I called in a consultant and decided to take his advise. I cleaned out all the old grout and caulking.....


then apply new Silicon caulking in the crack. It looks pretty good, but time will tell if that's all it really needed.


The Saga of the Radio ends here. The trash collectors came today and the old radio was taken to the happy radio hunting ground in the landfill.



Annie kept sneaking into the laundry room and eating the cardboard I had laid down on the laundry room floor to cover the sticky, black, glue stuff. So, I got out the smelly, caustic, adhesive remover and removed the old black mastic that held down the old linoleum in the laundry room. The remover stuff turned the black mastic into a gooey, back, tar like gunk. It was disgusting!! I wanted to give up and say FORGET IT!! But I pushed on until all the remover was gone. I used one and a half roles of paper towels!!




Then I placed the new flooring down, where it will eventually be glued down. It's starting to look pretty good. But I still have old black, mastic to remove under the washer and dryer and two storage cabinets. UGH!!!

3 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Blogger Diana said...

You never cease to amaze me! Great work.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

You're amazing, as always.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Ted and Mary Ellen said...

You do amazing work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home