Sunday, February 14, 2010

"Stabbed With a Letter Opener" & "Up On The Roof"

The only way I seem to be able to keep my trailer radio playing is to stab the on/off button with the letter opener. That keeps the button pushed in, making contact with whatever it makes contact with. I am on the hunt for a new radio. And an installer. = )






I was up on the roof the other day adding a little caulking here and there. I noticed that the radio antenna (no relation to the on/off button problem inside the trailer) didn't seem secure. When I wiggled the antenna the whole glob of dirty caulking wiggled the rubber roof around it, lifting it up.






I decided a little surgery was in order.
I assembled my tools, removed all the old, dirty caulking around the antenna and inspected the three little screws holding the base of the antenna in place. Or rather, the three little screws that were supposed to be holding the antenna in place. Two of the three screws seemed to be stripped out.



So, I searched draws and tool boxes and found two larger, hex head screws. I tightened up the one remaining little screw and installed the two new larger screws. It seemed to be holding pretty well so ....



I used some leftover caulking with my newly purchased caulking gun, and caulked the heck out of it!! It's supposed to be self-leveling, so I'm hoping when it's done self-leveling the new glob of caulking will be a nice flat glob just like the old flat glob of caulking. Only the new glob will be clean and white, at least for a day or two I suppose.



With my antenna project completed I decided to look around a little at my view from the roof.
I'm parked at a neat, not so little, FREE county campground.
Oh look, there's Marlene's motorhome..


That's the view behind me, to the west.



Looking over the front of my trailer, there's Nelda's motorhome. I pulled in behind her, hoping she wouldn't mind sharing her spot with me. Actually, she was glad to have me there to keep an eye on her house while she was away visiting a friend for a few days.


And those long, flat, white things way off in the distance are cattle feed lots. The unpleasant odors haven't wafted to the campground, but when you drive by, on a motorcycle, you know where you are!!!

4 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

That is one wicked-looking letter opener - could be classified as a lethal weapon. You are a clever lady!

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Diana said...

Leave it to you to figure out a way to keep your radio on. Can't miss your buddy Glenn Beck!

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Ted and Mary Ellen said...

I love the step by step "how to" pictures!! Say HI to Nelda and Marlene. ;)

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Hundewanderer said...

Would you come fix my washing machine please?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home