Tuesday, December 22, 2009

More Home Improvement Projects

I've been busy sprucing up my little house. I removed some of the carpet and hired Mike and Bill to lay some "wood" flooring in the entry, dining room, kitchen, hall and bathroom. It's actually vinyl which is quieter and more cushy than real wood and a lot less expensive. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.



















Then Mike and Bill replaced the old 2 1/4" baseboard with new 3 1/4" baseboard. I really like the way that turned out! New living room carpet will be installed soon.

My next big project will be new paint on the kitchen cabinets and walls, new counter tops, new sink and new appliances. That will be next fall. OOOOH, and maybe some crown moulding and some chair railing. And a new living room window and blinds.






The battery on my Harley was almost 4 years old and not behaving very well, so I bought a new one and installed it myself. I removed the sissy bar/passenger backrest and the seat. It turns out I didn't need to remove either to get to the battery. Everything went back where it belonged and my bike fired right up. = ) NOW I'M READY TO ride!!!

5 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Blogger Ted and Mary Ellen said...

The house is looking great!!! I love the flooring. Good luck on the next projects. (We had 8 " of snow last night.)

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Yes, I really like the floor. By the way, is that a "butt crack" picture? If so, I like that too!

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger sally said...

Not really, Diana. He's not a plumber so it doesn't count.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

OMG! That looks GREAT! Can't wait to see it.

 
At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Katherine said...

This is the good blog with good images and good details. Please keep on posting the more stuff. I will like to hear more from you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home