Tuesday, November 24, 2009

No more floor tile!!!!

While contemplating my next Cruise entry, I spent a few days pulling up the ceramic floor tile in my kitchen. The tile came up pretty easily, but the cement left behind was anything but easy. Or clean. It was very dusty!!



Right in the center of the kitchen I found remnants of some old linoleum. And some other unidentified stuff.


Lots of cement under the fridge.


My cute wheel barrow sure came in handy for this project.
I'm only allowed to fill up the dumpster 1/3 full with really heavy stuff. I don't think I'll go over the line.


The last remains of the ugly fountain in the backyard are going in the dumpster too.




Annie felt very ignored all day while I worked hard. She had no one to play fetch with.


It was so much fun tearing up the kitchen tile I finally made the decision to tear up the bathroom tile, too. And I'm also having scary thoughts of tearing up the green kitchen counter tile. But that's another day. Or year.

6 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger Diana said...

You are just amazing! How do you know how to do all this stuff?

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

The doggies look confused. Why is Mommy doing this?

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger sally said...

Diana, this is easy compared to operator your cameras!! I'm good at ripping out, removing and destroying. But I need a professional to put it all back together.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Ted and Mary Ellen said...

What is the plan for the floors now?

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger sally said...

ME, I'm replacing the tile with some wood-looking vinyl plank stuff. It's industrial strength, origially destined to be installed in a Wal-Mart. And I'm getting carpet in the LR, and Bedrooms.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Hundewanderer said...

Well, she-woman, super hero, conqueror of floors, when you're ready to take a break and join us lesser strength humans for breakfast, let me know :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home