Monday, September 21, 2009

GET SIRIUS

Radio, that is.

I recently received a call form Sirius Radio asking me to update my annual billing info. I gave it to them, then they informed me that my usual annual fee would be costing me an addition $170.00 to cover the royalty fees due the musicians, because the Sirius Radio music stations are commercial free. I told them I DON'T WANT TO PAY A ROYALTY FEE TO THE MUSICIANS!! I was transferred to Customer Care. The customer Care lady didn't speak good English. We had a communication problem. I told her all I ever listen to is FOX News. Anyway, after half an hour with her, I no longer had any music channels on my Sirius Radio. And I no longer had FOX News. I told her I don't think I'm going to be happy. She didn't seem to care. I tried to love my new Sirius Radio lineup, but after two days, I really wasn't happy. I did some checking on the Internet and discovered they offered an ala cart plan where you can choose 50 different channels for an even lower price than my new, no music, no FOX News plan. I called Sirius and after talking to three different heavily accented people, I was on my way to being happy. Somewhere along the way I was told I could NOT get the ala cart plan with the radio I had. I told Sirius I would rather buy a new radio than pay the royalty fee. So, I ordered a radio, to be delivered to my campsite at Bluewater Lake State Park. It arrived on the 5Th working day, as promised, and I got my new Sirius Radio all setup. I then called Customer Care, and then logged on to Sirius.com to select my 50 favorite channels. I inquired from every Sirius person I spoke with and was told by everyone that if I added one music channel it would cost me $1.78 per month extra for that pesky royalty fee. I decided I could live with that, so I added ONE music channel. But on the last online screen I think it was telling me that the royalty fee was only .02 per month. I thought about going back and adding a few more music channels but I was afraid I'd have to go through the whole process of clicking on my 50 choices, so I just stuck with my one music channel choice - Prime Country. Actually I ended up only with 49 channels because I opted out of the Spanish News Channel.

Aside from all my other Sirius radio problems, I am now having problems with my built-in trailer radio. My setup is one Sirius Radio receiver and two separate docking staions, one in my truck and one in my trailer. My setup requires me to tune in the truck or trailer radio to FM 88.1 and Sirius Radio plays through my truck or trailer radio/speakers. Well my built-in trailer radio is starting to malfuntion. The on-off button isn't working. I have to push the button in and then wedge a straight pin in and VOILA!! the radio stays on. Until today. The pin method no longer works. So now in the trailer I'm listening to Sirius Radio through my Kaito Emergency radio. It's working pretty well.

Ah, life is good!!

6 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Blogger Ted and Mary Ellen said...

GOOD GRIEF!!! Who needs that much hassle just to have pay radio! My sympathies. =) I hope the Fox channel works well after all that!

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Did these "service representatives" sound like they were from India? I heard somewhere that if you insist that they transfer you to someone in the US, they are required to.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger sally said...

Thanks, Diana. I'll do that next time.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

What's this world coming to when you can't fix your radio with a straight pin? Glad you got it all worked out.

 
At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a bum deal, I would cancel completely but I get the Fox stuff on TV and computer. I hate the way these big corporations treat people and then wonder why their profits are dropping.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger sally said...

Anonymous, when I travel during the summer I don't always set up my TV dish,and I don't always have internet service, so the radio picks up the slack.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home