Friday, July 17, 2009

Summer Reading Continues, and..........

Summer reading continues......

"1st To Die" by James Patterson. This is a series of ten books, so far, by Patterson which take place in San Fransisco. The lead character is Lindsey Boxer, a SF Police Lieutenant. I enjoyed the characters and the story. It was kind of gruesome, but not too bad. I'm looking forward to reading the whole series.

I skipped "2ND Chance, and then read "3rd Degree." Again Lindsey Boxer was involved in solving a string of murders, including the murder of one of her very best friends.

"Hello, Darkness" by Sandra Brown. This was Brown's 17Th novel and took place in Austin, TX. The lead character was Paris Gibson, a late night radio DJ. The reader is treated to a little murder, mayhem, and romance, of course.

"Hot Mahogany" by Stuart Woods. This Stuart Woods' series takes place in New York City. The lead character is Stone Barrington. He's a former NYC Police Officer, now a highly regarded Lawyer. This is the 15Th in the Stone Barrington series by Woods. Not sure I'll go out of my way to read the other 14.

"North of Montana" by April Smith. I expected something up north, maybe in Canada, but the story takes place in Los Angeles. North of Montana refers to north of Montana Ave. in the Santa Monica/Westwood area, not too far from where I grew up. The lead character is Ana Grey, an FBI Agent. This was April Smith's first novel and a very good one, in my opinion!!! I think there are two more Ana Grey novels. I will be looking for them.






Here's a picture of the little patio I built, using 12" pavers. It's a cozy little spot to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning or a glass of wine in the evening. If Dan ever shows up I'll have to make it a little bigger.





This morning I went to Show Low for a little shopping.
Here Annie is taking a rest after killing her new stuffless, double squeaky Bunnie. It took her about ten minutes to totally destroy the squeakies. I don't give her stuffed stuffies because she eats the stuffing.



Here's Murphy with his new red ball. It's almost soft enough to sink his teeth into, but not soft enough to bite off a chunk and eat and get stuck in his intestines.


And what did I get? A bag of Double Chocolate Milano, and Mint Milano cookies. = ) YUM!!

4 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

Yeah, those James Patterson books are kind of gruesome. Hum, milano cookies and sitting around reading. Sounds great!

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Diana said...

I really like Stuart Woods' Stone Barrington novels. Give them another chance. I'll look into the April Smith novels. They sound like my cup of tea.

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.............if Dan ever shows up???????????????

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger sally said...

Well Anonymous, if I knew who YOU are, I'd explain about Dan. It's complicated!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home