Monday, November 23, 2009

Day One on the MS Oosterdam

The MS Oosterdam is one of many in the Holland America Fleet. The Oosterdam is 935 feet long, 106 feet wide and weighs 82,000 tons. She accommodates 1875 guests and 794crew and staff. She travels at 23 knots. On our trip we traveled 4900 nautical miles. One nautical mile equals 1.15 statue miles equals 1.852 kilometers.



Getting ready to get into the van and head to the Cruise ship terminal.


A view of Ft. Lauderdale from the ship.


The cruise ship dock.


Deck lounges on Deck 10


The Aft Pool on Deck 9


The Mid Ship Pool on Deck 9 with a retactable roof.


My Spinach Salad


My Salmon dinner


An attractive dessert


My yummy dessert

5 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger Hundewanderer said...

Can I skip the spinach salad and have desert first?

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Great start to the trip blog - can't wait for the rest of it!

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger sally said...

Laura, you can skip the first three courses and order 4 desserts!! = ) Of course I never did, but one can. Sometimes I skipped the appetizer or soup/salad course. And, with great difficulty, I skipped the bread.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Ted and Mary Ellen said...

Such luxury! I'm already overwhelmed. I can't wait for the next installments. ;)

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

Don't you look cute?!? I want more pictures of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home