Friday, January 08, 2010

Around the House

The first grapefruit from my huge tree.


My huge tree with an abundance of fruit.


My tree up close and personal.


My large mission style coffee table and end tables weren't working well for me so I sold them and then set out to find new ones, on Craig's List. I first found the new coffee table not too far away in Sun City West. There weren't any end tables to match, so I continued the search to complete the set.


I had to travel 60 miles one way, to Mesa, to purchase the end tables, but the price was great and they go really well with the coffee table. And with the new, plush carpet my living room is just about complete. I still plan to replace the large front window with a new double-pane window and add new horizontal blinds.

5 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger Ted and Mary Ellen said...

What are you going to do with all that fruit? At first it is wonderful, then when you've had your fill....oh dear!!! If you still have left in the spring, bring them on up here!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger sally said...

I'm going to use my juicer and make lots of fresh squeezed grapefruit juice. I'm going to trade my passion for wine for Salty Dogs. And I will take lots of grapefuits with me where ever I go. It's hard to give them away to my neighbors because everyone here has their own trees. I will probably have lots left when I head for the hills.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Diana said...

I absolutely love that coffee table!

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

Hey! It's PINK grapefruit! Cool. I've found that if you put them out on the curb, they'll disappear. My question is how will you pick the ones that are 30 feet up?

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger sally said...

I bought an 8' tall grapefruit picker.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home