Saturday, June 26, 2010

Colorado....

After my refrigerator stopped working in Santa Fe I pulled into an RV repair shop to have it looked at. After $110.00 and over an hour waiting to see if the repair job worked, I was confident that it did, and I headed north to Colorado. I stopped at an RV friendly Wal-Mart in Alamosa to stock up on groceries and spend the night, only to discover that the fridge was NOT cold!! I cried a few tears into my room temperature beer, then come up with Plan B. Plan B was an RV repair shop in Alamosa. Well, that didn't work out very well, so I headed towards Colorado Springs. I am now at the Camping World just south of The Springs. I found a very helpful and friendly Repair Dept. employee, told him my sad story, took him out to my trailer so he could check it out, and lo and behold, the burner is staying lit. So, I'm hanging out at Camping World for a few hours to see if the fridge starts to cool down. If it doesn't, I will probably stay here until Monday when they can get me into the repair shop. If it does work, I'll probably head north a little and wait around for my motorcycle appt. on Thursday. Or, maybe I'll try to get that appt. moved up a bit.

As much as I like to plan things out, looks like I'm having a big opportunity to see if I can adapt to unforeseen circumstances. So far, the room temperature beer is the hardest part.

1 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger Diana said...

So sorry -- I know how stressful a warm refrigerator can be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home