Thursday, July 01, 2010

Before my refrigerator stopped working.......

My first stop on my summer adventure was spent at Bluewater Lake State Park in New Mexico. It's about 7 miles off Hwy 40 and 7400' elevation.





My second stop was the Elk's Lodge in Santa Fe. While there, Murphy was treated to a Spa Day.

Isn't Murphy handsome after his Spa Day at Companions in Santa Fe? I think that was the most expensive Spa Day any of my dogues has ever enjoyed.






I went on a 150 mile motorcycle ride one day, starting at the Elk's Lodge in Santa Fe heading toward Los Alamos, which is known for, well, here's the Chamber of Commerce's description:

We say, "where discoveries are made" because Los Alamos, New Mexico is a place of ancient village sites, spectacular scenery, diverse wildlife, uncommon high-altitude recreational opportunities, small-town friendliness, world-class cultural activities, fascinating history, and world-changing science and technology development. Los Alamos .... Yours to Discover!


Here's some signs I stopped to read and photograph, just west of Los Alamos.



And the beautiful valley, looking north.


Towards the end of my 150 mile loop, about 15 miles south of Santa Fe, the wind began to blow, then it rained and then it hailed. I pulled off at a closed weigh station hoping to find some shelter, but there wasn't any, but there was an underpass just up ahead. I turned left to find a nice dry spot, which I found, but I also found a dozen or so other motorcycles taking shelter too. I talked to one couple from Canada, and another from California. After awhile, all the south bound bikes got back out on the highway, but the few heading north waited a bit longer. There was a rest stop up at the next off ramp, which we all headed to. After hanging out there for awhile, I was getting anxious to get back to my trailer and check on my dogues...



...but, here's the view I saw looking north, towards Santa Fe. It was pretty intimidating, but eventually it cleared a little, and I hit the road. When I got back to the trailer I was soaked, and so was the trailer. I had left windows and roof vents open so the dogues wouldn't get too hot. Eventually everything dried out, and then the refrigerator quit working!!

4 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Sondra said...

Your photos show that you had a great ride in spite of the rain--and doggie looks super!!
http://bluebufftradingcards.com/ has a fun project pet trading cards...Im going to submit my dogs!
I read your other posts about the Fridge problem..hope its all over with now!

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger sally said...

Dixxe, it was a fun ride. I'm hoping to go on another ride soon.

The new part has been installed in the fridge and now I have to wait to see if it will work.

I'll check out the doggie card site. thanks!!

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Wow, Murphy looks like he could be the next Best in Show at Westminster! Hope the fridge gets better soon....

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger sally said...

Thanks, Diana!! Murphy says WOOOOF!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home