Thursday, August 07, 2008

Sturgis

Tuesday I braved the crowds in the usually very quiet town of Sturgis. Riding into town I saw signs offering a free pancake breakfast, free bike wash, and a free oil change (bring your own oil and filter).


Though you can see a Suzuki motorcycle in this picture, about 98% of the bikes at the Sturgis Rally are Harley-Davidsons







A popular place to eat - The Road Kill Cafe


Many residents of Sturgis rent out tent space on their front lawns for $30/night



Lots of free music, too.



After a few hours in Sturgis, I rode back to Rapid City and stopped by the Black Hills Harley-Davidson Dealership


As you can see, I wasn't alone there either.

This week I treated my bike to a new chrome tail light collar, and a set of 71 chrome "Hot Toppers" which are chrome plated covers that fit snugly over nuts and bolt to add a little more bling :-) My bike also got fitted with two new French tires, which were made in Spain. Two Michelin motorcycle tires cost the same as two of my huge Michelin truck tires, which were actually made in the USA!!! :-)

2 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

That's really quite a sight! All those beautiful bikes parked perfectly in a row. Did you eat at the Roadkill Cafe?

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Tent space for $30 a night??? Wow, what a rip off!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home