Monday, July 21, 2008

FREE Pancakes

With my newly repaired bicycle (yes, that's bicycle, not motorcycle) sporting all new shifter cables, I joined WIN member John C. for the two mile bicycle ride to the Depot area of Cheyenne. We departed at 7:00 AM!! Why, you ask?? Because.....


.......You can't go to the Cheyenne Frontier Days without doing the free pancake breakfast, once or twice or even three times. It's put on by the Cheyenne Kiwanis Club. They put it on three times during the week long Frontier Days - Monday, Wednesday and Friday. They boast feeding 10,000 people each day. That's 30,000 pancakes each day!!!

WOW!! Way to go Kiwanis Club!!



Here's just some of the 10,000 people waiting in line for Monday's free pancakes, coffee, milk and ham. The line moves along quite quickly. There's always a Boy Scout at the end of the line with a really tall sign indicating where the end of the line is. Since the line snakes around a bit, it can be a little confusing.


Lots of happy pancake eaters.


Where all the pancakes originate.

I'm already making plans to attend the event on Wednesday and Friday.

3 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger Diana said...

I am soooo jealous. I just loved Cheyenne Days. Eat some pancakes for me.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger sally said...

More pancakes tomorrow!! :-)

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

I want to know who milked all those Elk? My hat's off to those volunteers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home