Sunday, July 06, 2008

4th of July Parade in Cody, WY

Cody puts on a great, All-American Parade on the 4th of July. I thoroughly enjoyed it. My camera batteries died before the end of the parade, but here's some of the pictures I did get.







The Cody Shriners ride around in little green turtles. They actually drove under the big red truck.



The Lady in Pink with her Pink Poodle have been in every parade for over 30 years!!!


Two of the Sidewalk Bears got to ride in the parade.



Lots of Big Scary animals in Wyoming!!




Smoky Bear makes an appearance.



OOOOOOOH!!!!! I love a Man in a Kilt!! And here we have about 12!!!! I really like bagpipes, too.



The Trolley Car I rode in on Tuesday.



After the parade I went to the park to check out the festivities.



I liked the name of this vendor!! They sold really nice purses and wallets.

4 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

Love the turtles - I hadn't seen those. That pink poodle is really old! But my favorite is how you framed the guy in the hat in the last picture. He should use it as a business card.

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hay, you know that monster truck with "Job's Daughters. Bethel #29" on the side of it. I'm one of the girl wering the tearas, I was by the Bethel flag on the other side of the truck. I'm glad you thought the shriner turtels was cool. thanks for coming to Cody. Jobie love, Krstal

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger sally said...

You're welcome Krystal. I loved being in Cody, especally over the 4th of July. I used to be a Jobie too, many years ago!!!

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Even though I've seen Shriners in lots of 4th of July parades, I never saw turtles. How cool! And Smokey is like Santa -- he can appear everywhere at once!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home