Saturday, June 14, 2008

A few more pictures from my stay...

...in La Barge, Sublette County, Wyoming
http://www.sublette.com/


From what I understand, first they drill down with this rig....


...then this equipment pumps natural gas out of the ground. The area has been enjoying a drilling boom for several years.


There's my trailer, on the banks of the Green River.


These guys woke me up early one morning.



When I shooed them away, they didn't go very far, just to the other side of my rig. Murphy actually came nose to nose with the guy on the left. Of course I missed taking a picture of that.



A few more of my neighbors.

4 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

Those are some ominous-looking clouds. Remember when we saw the pelicans fishing in a circle on Ennis Lake? I still tell everybody about that.

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger sally said...

These WY pelicans are pretty entertaining too. Maybe they came down from MT. HMMMMM!!!

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Diana said...

That looks like a gorgeous spot. Where is the rest of the group?

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger sally said...

The rest of the group was at the south end of the reservoir, with very poor phone service.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home