Wednesday, June 04, 2008

June Gloom


The view from my trailer at Flaming Gorge Reservoir



Several WINS getting ready for a campfire breakfast, compliments of Andy and Andrew.


After 4 days and nights on the banks of Flaming Gorge Reservoir, I moved about 30 miles north to the small town of Green River, WY. Besides having withdrawals from phone and internet services, I’ve been a bit concerned about my little Cairn, Oliver. Just south of Green River I stopped and inquired about services for departed dear pets. As of this writing, Oliver is still with us, but I want to be prepared incase I need the caring service of a Veterinarian. Oliver seems to be feeling OK, but he has developed difficulty walking and difficulty finding proper places to relieve himself.

The weather conditions we have been experiencing have been less than desirable. We’ve had many days of clouds, and rain, and wind, with just a few minutes now and then of warm sunshine. When we did have pleasant temps at the Reservoir, we were bombarded with annoying, pesky, flying insects!! They were small, looked similar to mosquitoes, but they didn’t seem to be biting, and they swarmed and buzzed like bees, sending us fleeing to our rigs and sometimes making it impossible to exit our rigs. Then the wind would come up and blow them away, or the rain would come and send them away, or night time would finally send them somewhere. Good riddance to those little pests!!

So now I’m in Green River at a free for 5 days municipal parking lot. It’s almost perfect, except for the huge train switching yard about 50 feet away. The trains whistles blast as they roll into the yard. I’m not sure yet if they work all night. I’ll know in a few hours.



The view outside my trailer in Green River, WY

I’m hoping to have some fairly nice weather this Friday so I can go for a pleasant, without freezing, motorcycle ride. If not, I’ll wait until next week when the weather looks promising for some really pleasant riding days. I guess I could don my newly purchased heated riding jacket liner and socks for the first time to try them out.

4 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Blogger Donna McNicol said...

SO sorry to hear about Oliver...hate to have to add you to the list of folks losing their pups. Been too many lately.... {{{Sally}}}

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

Poor little Oliver. I know how much he means to you. Let's hope this is just a false alarm and he snaps out of it.

Was that a free spot at Flaming Gorge? I bet those trains do run all night. :)

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger sally said...

Our Flaming Gorge parking was $5/night or free if you have a Golden Age Pass.

And yes, the trains went all night. I didn't sleep much. won't be staying here the 5 nights I originally planned!!

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Oh, poor Oliver! I hope he's feeling better. Molly was very upset too when she heard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home