Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sun City to Williams, AZ

I said farewell to my humble winter abode at 8:30 AM this morning and headed north. The temperature was already in the low 80's.
I fought the morning freeway traffic east through Phoenix on the 101 Loop, hit Interstate 17 and turned north. I fought head winds and a 6,000 foot elevation increase all the way to Flagstaff. I watched the temperature slowly drop to 55 degrees, and my fuel gauge quickly drop below half. I stopped at the Harley-Davidson shop in Bellemont and took a picture of this unusual muffler tree......


Then I continued on to the the Canyon Motel and RV Park in Williams, the location of the Rumble Sisters Biker Sisterhood Raven/Wild West Fest. I think we are expecting about 20 women, and 10 men of various titles, to join in the weekend festivities. This is an adorable facility, complete with cabins, a rail car, a caboose and RV sites.
www.theCanyonMotel.com Copy and paste and check it out!!!





When I checked-in, the nice lady at the front desk couldn't find my reservation. Either their computer lost me, I called the wrong RV park or I just thought about calling to make a reservation and really didn't. If it's the latter, this is going to be a fun summer!! I really think it's the first scenario.
The park is at an elevation of 6900'. I used to live in the mountains but I don't remember being affected by the high altitude. Maybe it's old age, because I'm sure feeling it today. It's not so much a shortage of breath, but just a little light headed.
For my photography scavenger hunt I need a picuture of my First-Mate Piggy Pirate sitting on my bike with a teepee in the background. I passed a motel a few miles back on the freeway that had 4 teepees on their property. Hopefully I can get a successful picture there.

2 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

Love the muffler tree and the railcar rooms. Remember in Rocky Mountain NP, they told us the best thing for high altitude problems was to drink lots of water. I guess it is a shock to your system jumping up 5000 feet in one day. Have fun.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger sally said...

Thanks, Barb. I remembered. I've been drinking water!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home