Saturday, May 17, 2008

Williams and beyond

The weather has been beautiful here in Northern Arizona.


On Friday seven of us rode north from our Hotel/RV Park to the Grand Canyon. At the Grand Canyon we headed east to Cameron, then south to FLagstaff, then west back to Williams. This made for a 200 mile loop of beautiful scenery.
The fuel prices haven't seemed to slow down the tourist industry yet.


AH, a beautiful bunch of chrome


See, I really was there!!


So was my bike.


Here's another picture for my Photo Savenger Hunt - my First Mate, Piggy Pirate, sitting on a Harley with a teepee in the background.

Now I'm contemplating where to go Sunday when the Ladies MC Rally ends. I was thinking of spending some time hiking and exploring the Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument area and Zion National Park, but it looks like 3-4 days of temps in the 90's in that area, which doesn't make for enjoyable hiking. Following the too hot days, it looks like 3 days of rainy weather. So....... I might just head up to Richfield, Utah and hang out there for awhile. The elevation is 5330' and the temps look to be a bit cooler than my other choices.
And I feel so lucky!! I found a really low diesel price at a Safeway in Flagstaff - only $4.26/ a gal. WHAT A STEAL!!

2 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

What? No picture of Piggy Pirate at the Grand Canyon? Seems like that should be worth extra points.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger sally said...

Piggy will probably get extra points just for being so cure!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home