Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cows, Trees and a River

AND NO TRAINS!!!

Monday morning I headed to the local Maverick fueling station and purchased 6.65 gallons of diesel for $4.65 per gallon for a total of $31.00. Then I went to the local Ace Hardware Store and purchased 12.80 gallons of propane at $3.49 per gallon for a total of $47.35. I remember paying .89 per gallon of propane not too long ago in Yuma, Arizona. Ah, the good all days!!
Then I headed west on HWY 80 to exit 83 which took me to HWY 372. I had to decide between a boondocking site along the Green River south of Fontenelle Reservoir or a boondocking site north of the Reservoir, and just north of the tiny town of La Barge. I opted for the more northern spot. But on the way to La Barge I cruised through the Fontenelle Creek Campground. I was thinking of staying there for $5.00/night (or $2.50/night with a Golden Age Pass). The phone service was very iffy at the campground, so I continued on to the spot near La Barge where the phone service is great, the scenery is beautiful, and it's very quite at night!!!



This was the view from my trailer the first evening at my new spot.



Here's the morning view of the Green River from my parking spot.



Here's the neighbors. Murphy kept them a safe distance away. I definitely prefer mooing cows to trains any day!!




Here's Murphy heading out on his morning cattle duties.

1 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Looks like you finally found a great spot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home