Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Goodbye Cody!!


Even tents seem to be welcome in the Wal-Mart parking lot


And lots

and lots of RVs

My trailer is on the right. The 5Th wheel on the left is even closer than it looks. Their slide-out was only 3 1/2 feet from my truck. I don't know what they were thinking!!!


This big critter is know as a Highland Cow (or bull) also known as Hairy Coo or Heilan Coo



I went on a scenic ride with some friends in search of Bighorn Sheep. I guess the above sign explains why we didn't see any Sheep. We didn't see any Grizzlies either.


This was my favorite sidewalk bear. He has honey bees buzzing all around him.


This is Doug, the piano, who entertained us at Cassie's, formerly a house of ill repute.



I went on another 200 miles ride. I headed back up the Chief Joseph Scenic Highway. This time I had sunshine and plenty of gas. I came to an intersection and had to make a choice - either turn around and go back the way I came, (which was my original plan), turn right and go back toward Red Lodge and retrace the rest of the ride I did a few days prior, or turn left and go back through Yellowstone Park. I checked to see if I had my Annual Park Pass with me. I did. I took that as an omen to turn left. I have now entered twice through the South Park Entrance, exited once through the West Park Entrance, exited once through the North Park Entrance, entered once through the Northeast Park Entrance and exited once through the East Park Entrance. I guess I've done it all. :-) I think Hwy 14/16/20 from the East Entrance to Cody was the prettiest and most scenic.



The following pictures were taken on the east part of the Chief Joseph Senic Highway.






After 9 nights in the Cody Wal-Mart I think it's time to move on. I had a great time, visiting the Buffalo Bill Historical Center, rode the Cody Trolley, dancing the night away (twice) at the famous Cassie's, enjoying the lunch buffet (complete with their fabulous bread pudding with whisky sauce) at the famous Irma Hotel, attending the Fourth of July Parade and watching the fireworks, riding around the scenic South Fork loop, strolling the downtown sidewalks, and barely scratching the surface of what's available in the area. Maybe I'll get back again someday and do the things I missed this trip.

2 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger Diana said...

Thanks for the memories! I love that area and hope to get back to it soon.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

It sounds like your really covered Yellowstone this trip. I can't believe all those RVs and even a tent in Walmart. I know what you mean about the 'what were they thinking?' Sometimes you just have to wonder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home