Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Propane, Pancakes and Thunderbirds

Wednesday I woke to empty propane tanks. This was totally operator error!! But this meant no coffee, so I was on my bicycle by 0700 hours, on my way to free pancakes and coffee. The line was MUCH longer today than Monday. I found a fellow WIN, Phillip B., and joined him in line.


Sally's Watering Hole saved the day.


They serve you 3 pancakes, but I tried to get one extra, "for Dianna", but it didn't work. Sorry Dianna!!

After devouring our breakfast, Phillip and I rode our bikes back to camp in plenty of time to watch the Thunderbirds Air Show. This was an historic flight for the team, for this was the first time a woman was the lead solo pilot. Maj. Samantha Weeks is in her second season with the Thunderbirds.

It's hard to get great shots of jets zooming overhead, but here's some of the pictures I took:









2 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Diana said...

Well, thanks for trying. Maybe I'll be able to get my own next year.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

Love those pancakes and the way the cooks flip them to the servers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home