Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Agony continues

A few weeks ago while saling (Estate Saling) I found a great deal on a bedroom set. It's solid Black Walnut. It's very heavy and very well made. I'm not sure how old the set is. There is a date on the back of the mirror but I can't read all of the numbers. I bought the set on the 4th day of the Sale and paid a whopping $100 (plus tax) for the four pieces - dresser, mirror and two night stands. Plus, the dresser and one night stand have glass to cover the tops. The second night stand has a piece of glass but it doesn't quite fit right.




The Argosy came with thick, solid covers for the front windows. They are good for traveling to protect the front windows from flying rocks, but not good when parked because you can't see out them. We had all the windows tinted, except the two big curved windows. They are just too curved for the tint application. So, Mom made covers for all three front windows. Of course all the snaps had to be changed on the trailer because the new snaps on the new covers didn't work with the old snaps on the old trailer. At this point, most of the snaps are working well. Some need to be tweaked a little. For travel we will insert some of that silver, insulating material between the windows and the covers to help protect the windows from rocks. I'm hoping the snaps will stay snapped while cruising down the highway at 55 MPH.



We had some custom work done on the kitchen cabinet. The stain we picked didn't end up matching quite as well as I had hoped, but all in all we are pretty happy with how it turned out.


It's hard to tell in this picture but the front wall is up in the shower. The side walls should be done very soon. It's coming out really nice!! Again, those curves are making installation of materials very interesting.




And then there's the bumper. I won't go into detail of how I made extra work for us, but it will soon have a new coat of paint. = )


And the biggest source of distress for me is the roof leaks. I can't put it off any longer. It has rained only one day since bringing her to AZ, but my luck will run out eventually, so I am now tackling the roof issues. UGH!!



The Argosy needs a name! So far my favorites are Rosie, the Riveted and Bea, as in Plan "B" because on most projects Plan "A" hasn't worked out well. I'm open to suggestions.

6 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Ted and Mary Ellen said...

The Argosy is looking good! Names are tough, but all of a sudden it will come to you!

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Diana said...

You're really making great progress! I love the new bedroom furniture, and the idea for the front windows on the Argosy is wonderful.

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the Argosy the kind of trailer you were looking for, an Air Stream I believe? The cabinet looks great! You are so handy and it looks like your Mom is too! Lisa

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger sally said...

Yes Lisa, the Argosy is sort of the stepchild of the Airstreams.

Diana, Mom did a great job on the covers. I helped, with the installation of the snaps.

ME, these last fews months I've come up with a few not-so-nice names for her.

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

Whoa! Love the bedroom! Maybe I gave up too soon. As far as a name, you know I don't name things - how about 'Whitey?' HA

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger sally said...

HAHA, Barb. "Whitey." Why am I not surprised? = )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home