Monday, September 01, 2008

Denver to AZ, or bust..

I left Denver at about 8:15 AM Friday, August 29Th. I drove through downtown Denver, past the Invesco field where the previous night the stadium was filled thousands of Obama's worshipers. I could still feel the negative vibes as I drove by.

OK, enough of my political stuff..

I fueled up in Denver for $4.39/ gal. That's better then I've paid most of the summer. Shortly after I entered New Mexico, I had another blowout on a trailer tire. Like the last one, a month ago, it was one of my year old tires I bought just last summer. I'm getting experienced in dealing with my road service. Approx. 2 hours after first calling my road service, I was back on the road, a bit nervous though, about driving without a spare. But, I made it to the first tire shop without further incident. I then made it all the way to Albuquerque, my intended destination for the day. I arrived at an Albuquerque Wal-mart just before dark and found a very quiet corner of the parking lot, and had a good night's sleep. The next morning, after consulting the Internet, I found diesel, just outside Albuquerque for $4. 05/ gal. :-) :-) :-)
I traveled HWY 40 into Arizona, bought diesel in Holbrook for $4.08/gal, after averaging 16 MPG!! I mostly attribute that to the fact that it's all downhill from Albuquerque to Holbrook. At Holbrook I turned south and continued to Show Low, AZ where I will be for the next month. My friend Marlene and I went together and purchased a 1.3 acre lot about 20 miles northeast of Show Low. We split the lot in half and she has one half and I have the other half. We are currently in the process of clearing timber off the land. Well, OK, we're just clearing a few Juniper bushes to make room for a driveway. The grader/gravel man will be here Tuesday and Wednesday to prepare and dump loads of lava/cinder rocks for our driveway and parking pads.


Here's some of my friends, and our 7 dogs, on their lot not far from my lot.



My friend John is making a horseshoe pit. I got the only ringer later that day.



Here's what will soon be the beginning of our driveway. The big Juniper in the front will soon be gone.



Hard at work, removing a "tree."



This is what will soon be my RV parking pad.

More pictures as things develop!!!

3 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Blogger Diana said...

I've heard a lot about these lots, but never really seen pictures of them. It looks great! Have a lot of fun fixing it up.

What kind of tires do you have that keep blowing out? I want to make sure I don't get any!

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger owner said...

We have a lot down the hill and will be developing it next summer, maybe. Let us know what it runs for gravel etc.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger sally said...

Hi Donna,
See ya next year!!
Our gravel will be finished up tomorrow. I'll email you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home