Thursday, August 28, 2008

Is it just me, or are these people crazy???

I survived my three days of spreading the word about our grim future as a nation if we don't do something to stop the uncontrolled population growth heading our way. I became quite a proficient commuter, riding the RTD to downtown Denver, then hopping on a free Mall bus for a 6 block ride up the street to my desired location. And then reversing it at the end of my shift.
Here's some more interesting things I heard during my three days on the sidewalks. I was called a racist against the human race, I was told to learn Spanish. One guy told me it's OK for people to come into our country illegally because, he assured me, I'm breaking at least 20 laws every day. He couldn't specifically name one law he was sure I was breaking though. One young lady said we have lots of room for 100 million more people because she's been to Nebraska and Nebraska isn't crowded. I mentioned to her that most unpopulated places don't have water for all those people to drink. Hmmmm. She hadn't thought of that. A young mother said she's been to Asia and our country isn't as bad as Asia, so no need to do anything here. Another guy said if we got rid of all the cars, streets and parking lots we would have lots more room to build and house 100 million more people. Another guy said we should all ride horses to solve all of our problems. Another guy said he's not worried about over population because he's been to the Vet. TMI!!! TMI!!!
I've been in Denver for 11 days. I think I've had my city fix for quite awhile!! Tomorrow I'm heading south.

If you want to view more photos I took while in Denver, here's a link:
http://www.patriotscorner.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7982&start=15

2 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

Hey, I think you found some 'Jay Walking' candidates.

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger sally said...

Good point, Barb!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home