Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April has been a busy month

Here's some pictures of that funny cactus in bloom. I think this is the first year I've seen it bloom. And my rose bushes are really putting out some beautiful roses. The pictures don't do them justice.....





My sister in Seattle decided she would like to have a stainless steel copper clad Revere Ware coffee percolator, like the one our mom used way back when we were kids. She found some on eBay but asked me if I'd ever seen any at the estates sales I often attend. I have, so I set out on a quest to find another one. I was just about to give up when I came upon one at a Estate Sale Resale Shop in Sun City. for $1.50!!!! The glass top knob wasn't an original one and didn't fit quite right, so I then set out on a quest to find a good replacement knob. I found one at a Sun City Ace Hardware store. The small hardware stores often have odd items the large stores don't carry. I boxed it all up and mailed it off to Susie. She should receive it in a few days. I think if I ever come across another one I will buy it for myself.



````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
A few weeks ago mom and I participated in a community yard sale. We paid $10 for one parking stall, which included one table. We barely squeezed into the space, but luckily no one set up in one of the stalls next to us, so we overflowed a little bit. We had worried about it being too warm, but it turned out to be very chilly most of the morning and early afternoon.

Here's a picture of most of my stuff boxed up waiting in the backyard for the sale...


Here's a picture looking down the road to the north of us.


Here's our stall...



We had a FREE STUFF box. It was very popular. We kept adding to it all day. At the end of the day we were announcing that half our stuff was FREE!! Some of it we couldn't even give away. We donated a box full to a thrift shop and I took a box full back home. We cleared about $200.00.


````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I've been busy getting my laundry room updated a little bit. I painted the block walls, laid down new linoleum flooring, had a new laundry sink installed and had the positioning of he sink and washer rearranged. I'm pretty happy with the results so far.

Here's a couple pictures of how it looked before....




And here's an after picture.....


Maybe someday I'll have a nice new matching washer/dryer set.


```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````


And last but definitely not least, here's some pictures of my new TOY. Yep, I sold my Harley and bought a golf cart. I named her Harley, so I can still say I'm taking my Harley for a ride. I'm having fun driving here around Sun City to the market and yard and estate sales. Golf carts are allowed on all the streets around here that are posted 35 MPH or less. Sometimes I have to do some creative routing to get to my destination, but I see it as one big adventure.

Here's Harley in her garage, where the real Harley used to be parked. It's actually the far end of the laundry room.


Here she is on her driveway.....



Check out her fancy license plate frame....


My plan is to take her up to Concho for the summer to get around the neighborhood to Happy Hours, Pot Luck Dinners or just visiting the neighbors.

6 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger Hundewanderer said...

Very nice update :) Maybe if you have time we could take Harley for a breakfast ride :)

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Ted and Mary Ellen said...

I love it!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger sally said...

Sounds good Laura. I could follow, way behind, you and PJ, on your real Harley.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Juengst said...

you've been staying busy, Sally, Harley has a nice graphics, not too wild. When do you leave for the summer?

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger sally said...

Yes Harold, Harley is a humble gal. Not too flashy. We leave for the mountains around May 14th.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

You are really a good sister! that Estate Sale Resale Shop sounds interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home