Wednesday, April 06, 2011

It's been so long since my last post I've almost forgotten how to do this. Maybe it will all come back.


I have been busy. Here are some of the things I've been up to.


I had a huge crop of grapefruit this year. I personally hand picked and delivered close to 500 pounds of grapefruit to a local food bank. They seemed happy to accept them. I was happy to get rid of them. I ate what I could, gave away what I could and threw away a lot of too small and not very pretty ones. As a last resort I put an ad on Craig's List announcing FREE GRAPEFRUIT on my porch. I had one guy show up and take away two small bags of grapefruit. I still have quite a few in my refrigerator. I'll squeeze them soon into tasty juice. It's the next best thing to an ice cold beer on a hot day.



I've spent all year trying to get my rose bushes looking good and producing some roses. This picture doesn't show all the new buds about to bloom, but they are finally acting like blooming rose bushes.


I've had issues with my shower head for two years now. The arm coming out of the wall is so low I had to bend down when washing my hair. I had a shower head I liked so I bought an adjustable arm and attached the shower head, but the tube on the new adjustable arm was so small the water coming through it was so restricted. It wasn't much fun taking a shower with such little water pressure so I never took one. Oh, I'm just kidding!!! Anyway, I finally decided the solution was a hand held shower head. They mount a bit higher on their own little bracket. So, I went shopping yesterday and came home with one that looked pretty good. Here's a picture of it all installed and not leaking. = ) I've only used it once so far but I love it!! I can't believe all the water pressure coming out of that thing. I actually got all the shampoo and conditioner rinsed out of my hair for a change.


Friday April 8th I'm participating in a community yard sale at one of he Sun City rec centers, so I've been busy going though every drawer, closet, cupboard and storage cabinet collecting unneeded stuff to haul over to the sale and hopefully sell off and make a little money. Here's a picture of some of the stuff. In addition to this I have some cans of paint, some clothes and a bedspread. Oh, and a shower head with an adustable arm.




After being assessed as having damage to my roof from last October's huge hail storm, I set out on a quest to pick out the best replacement roof color that would compliment my way-to-bright (in my opinion) yellow house with the odd colored brick across most of the front. Here's a picture of the new roofing materials up on the roof waiting for the roofers to arrive and remove the old stuff and install the new stuff.




I was hoping to get a roof about the color of the palm tree trunk in the front yard. I think I did a pretty good job. It matches pretty good.



Here's a close-up of my new "house jewelry" bird houses and the green "plant." I think the bird houses, the green plant and the new roof help tone down the bright yellow. I still wish the color was a little more muted, but for now I'm not thinking about repainting.


My next project is the laundry/motorcycle/golf cart storage room. I've started painting the walls and putting down new flooring. Hopefully it won't be as long until the next post with pictures of the updates, including a new laundry sink and a new toy to park in there.

3 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Ted and Mary Ellen said...

Wait...WAIT!!!! New toy...I caught that last comment. WHAT NEW TOY??? I hope you include it your next post. BTW - everything fades in the sun. Just be patient, you'll eventually see the yellow you like.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

The roof looks GREAT!! Perfect choice and I still think the yellow is fine. I can't believe you have all that stuff to sell at the yard sale.

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger sally said...

ME, I don't think it's fading very fast, but it's starting to grow on me.

Barb, I can't believe I've accumulated so much stuff so fast.
I'll be glad to get rid of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home