Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A homeowners work is never done!!


Here's a picture of the gazebo I bought at a yard sale. It was a 5 man job to put it together. Unfortunately all I had was my mom and me. It was not fun. It was a major test of our patience, intelligence and perseverance. And for our love for each other. Surprisingly we are still speaking to each other. Hopefully I'll enjoy the gazebo for many, many years.

Last Sunday I took a day off from home improvement projects and went on a motorcycle ride with my favorite riding group. We rode up Yarnell Pass and on to Skull Valley where we had a pleasant lunch at the Skull Valley Cafe.

Here's a picture of us enjoying lunch on the patio.

A cute mural.


Here's a picture of one of my living room walls. Most of my walls are partially painted. They are all a work in progress. Someday they will all be completely painted.

Say Hi to Bill O'Reilly



Here's a picture of my closet with the new shelf my mom and I installed. It's actually level and after two days it hasn't fallen down!!





Here's the grapefruit tree after I pruned it a little bit.



Here's the 44 year old Silk Oak before it got pruned.










Here's the Silk Oak after it was pruned. Much prettier!!

Stayed tuned for updates on the leaky sprinkler system and the leaky washing machine faucet. :-)

6 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger Diana said...

Hi Bill!

I've never been to Skunk Valley. Looks like a neat spot. I'll put it on my list.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger sally said...

That was SKULL Valley, not Skunk Though there probably is a Skunk Valley somewhere.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

Your title is soooo true and I can't believe you did this twice! The gazebo looks adorable - kudos to you and your mom. And they did a great job on the tree. We have to get over your way if we can ever take a day off. And of course I'm hoping you'll make it over our way. We'll be around until about April 10th.

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger sally said...

I'm seeing a motorcycle ride this Sunday over your way. Will you be home? I'll call.

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Ted and Mary Ellen said...

Oh Sally! It is so good to hear what someone else is dealing with! Our home arrived today and it is such a relief to have it on our lot. But, we are a long way from occupying it. So much to be done. Good luck with all your projects.

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger sally said...

WOW, Maty Ellen, I had no idea you guys were moving so fast on your new home project. I'm looking forward to seeing it this spring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home