Sunday, March 08, 2009

Annie

I plan to post pictures of my new 45 year old house soon, but in the meantime here's something else I've been busy with.......







Here's a picture of Annie, my newly adopted Cairn Terrier. I adopted her from Colonel Potter's Cairn Rescue Network. http://www.cairnrescue.com/
Scroll down to Available Cairns in Arizona to find Annie. Her rescue name was Bourbeuse. Her foster mom called her Mitzi, and I named her Annie, after Little Sure Shot, Annie Oakley. Annie, like most of Colonel Potter's rescue dogs, are from puppy mills. Annie spent her first 4 years in a cage having puppy litter after puppy litter. Thanks to the Colonel Potter Organization she, and many more, are rescued and given the opportunity to find a loving family in which to spend the rest of their lives. Annie spent 3 weeks in a wonderful foster home in Yuma, AZ being taught how to live in a real home with 5 other Cairns. Annie seems to be adapting very well to her new life of freedom. She learned very quickly that mom's lap is the best place in the world!! Murphy seems to be taking it all in stride and shares his toys and romps a bit with Annie.

4 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger Ted and Mary Ellen said...

Annie is one lucky lady! Rescue stories are so heartwarming, and I know we will come to love her!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Donna McNicol said...

What a sweetie!!! Glad you added another pup and I know Murphy is happy, too. Can't wait to see pics of your new home!!

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Diana said...

She is just adorable. I can't wait to meet her! She's so lucky to find a great home with you.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

How cute is she!?! Diana's right - she is really lucky to find you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home