Monday, October 06, 2008

Saturday night, Sunday and Monday

Saturday evening the weather went from really nice to really not very nice. It started raining around 8 PM and didn't stop until around 6 AM Sunday morning. All the Sunday morning balloon activities were cancelled. :-(


Here' a picture of one of my mats, half submerged under the river of mud that washed through my spot. I heard there was about 2" of rain Saturday night.



I decided to drive my dogs to higher ground for their morning walk. We didn't get very far. My truck got stuck in the mud right in front of my trailer.



There wasn't much going on at the Balloon Fiesta Grounds Sunday morning so the WINs took three cars and drove to Old Town Albuquerque. I took the some pictures of a cool alley.




But, the GLOW went on Sunday evening without a hitch. Hundreds of Balloons inflated, then when the whistle blew, everyone illuminated their balloon, making a beautiful GLOW across the whole field.













Monday morning the wind was a bit iffy, but lots of balloons launched anyway. The balloon I was crewing for didn't launch. They went to breakfast instead. But here's some pictures I took....










Stay tuned for the Tuesday and Wednesday report. Rumor has it I will be going up on Wednesday. :-)

4 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

You are a true blogger - even took a picture of your truck stuck in the mud! Everything is blog fodder. Once again, cool pictures. I don't think I ever saw that piggy balloon. Can't wait for pictures from the air.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Looks like you found Nemo! Great shots, especially of the balloon glow -- not that easy to do!

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger sally said...

Nemo? At first I thought it was Flounder, but I think it's acutally Wally, The Worlds Largest Clown Fish http://www.wallyballoons.com/

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger owner said...

Hey, you got a shot of the Strawberry. That's the balloon we crew for when we are there. Any WINs crewing for him?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home