Thursday, April 30, 2009

There's yellow and there's YELLOW!!!


I decided to have my house painted. The little 2 1/2" by 1 1/2" color sample looked good. The 3' by 3' sample painted on the side of the house looked good.






So the house was prepped for painting.




WHOA!! That mellow little sample grew into a very yellow house, about 10 shades too bright!!




Here's the front of the house. I'm contemplating my options to tone down the bright yellow. I'm open for suggestions. The new security door will be white, as well as the new wood post.




Here I played around on the computer and made the shutters black. It's been suggested that I also paint the front door black, (which it looks in this picture but actually the door is open and the doggies are looking at you) with a white security door. I'm not sold on that idea. The front door is painted white now. I've thought of painting the area around the front door a lighter, more mellow shade of yellow. Maybe I'll post this on HGTV's Rate my Space web site and see what happens.

7 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger Hundewanderer said...

I have no brilliant suggestions but black and yellow = bumble bee! I'll ask PJ what he thinks, sometimes he surprises me.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

Well, personally, I think it looks very nice, but if it bothers you, you could just repaint the parts on the front so you'll be happy with the curb appeal.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger sally said...

HMMM!! Bumble Bee. I'm not real fond of the Bumble Bee look. It reminds me of a yellow Goldwing with the riders all dressed in black and yellow. I guess since the black shutters aren't right on the yellow I didn't think of that. But now I will. :-)

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Sooooo glad I don't have these problems! But I'm with Barbara -- I think it looks very nice.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Hundewanderer said...

So, one recent night I was driving South on 99th Avenue and there was this bright yellow glow just West of me... it was as brilliant as the sunshine... so yellow and so bright! I couldn't imagine what could light up the night sky like that...

than I realized, it's just Sally's house!

Hee, hee... just kidding. Really, from the photos, it doesn't look as YELLOW as you seem concerned about. It looks good! Keep up the fantastic work on your new home, I can't wait to see the changes!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Patty McMorrow said...

I also vote for, it looks great! Paint fades quickly in the desert so you might not have to wait long to get the color you want. I think white shutters would go with the white security door.

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Graeme said...

I like yellow, it looks good except when it comes to WTKK in Boston, MA which has suspended Jay Severin (http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles/2009/05/05/severins_agent_says_he_will_return_to_the_airwaves_soon/) for what he said about criminaliens breaking into the US.

As a LEGAL immigrant from Scotland I resent these criminaliens jumping the queue when I did everything legally and endured the whole time and process that it took.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home