Monday, April 20, 2009

Amazing deals on Craig's List



I found the perfect size window on Craig's List for my front bedroom. It was about 1/4 the cost of a new one, less the cost of a screen). I had it installed and presto, instantly improved curb appeal.




Then I installed one of the perfect condition Faux Wood blinds I found on Craig's List (for about 1/4 the cost of new) in the front bedroom, further enhancing the looks of the window. The other perfect condition Faux Wood blind was installed in the back bedroom. Unfortunately the blinds were a tiny bit skimpy, so I had to line the window casings with MDF moulding so the blinds would fit better. The front blinds now fits perfectly, with not even a smidgen of room to spare.



Here's the back bedroom with the new blinds installed. This window took a bit more tweaking for the blinds to fit. I still have some caulking and painting to do, but it's nice to have blinds on my bedroom window.




And here's my brand new back door I found on Craig's List for about half the price of a brand new one. The window doesn't open, but the dual pane window has the little mini blinds built right in between the two panes. It's so cool. The door came with a tiny doggy door, but I had my old, medium size doggy door installed. New knob and dead bolt complete the door. Oh, and the painting of the frame around the door still has to be done, by me, soon.





And what's that lying on the floor? It's 600 square feet of commercial grade wood-plank-looking vinyl flooring I found on Craig's List for about 1/5 of retail price. It was originally destined to be installed in a Wal-Mart but someone decided to use something different. I'll probably wait until the fall to have it installed. I have to remove the tile in my bathroom and kitchen, and some of my old carpet first. It will be a fun project to look forward to during my summer travels.





Here's a few of the planks laid out in the entry area. It's going to look sooooooo good.


Finding all these good deals on Craig's List, as well as my friend Barbara, inspired me to list some of my unneeded stuff. I sold the doggy door panel for the patio door and the old vertical blinds from my back bedroom. And I sold my old Harley oil tank and battery covers. I received a money order from a guy in Massachusetts, and I sent the covers off to him. He paints pictures on them, and then sells them, I guess. He said he'd send me a picture of mine after they are painted. I've had a few inquiries about the old sliding glass door I have listed, but no sale yet. I have a few other things listed too. Hopefully they will all find a new home soon.

Now that the temps in the Phoenix area are up around 100 degrees, I tuned on my air conditioner and found nothing but warm air blowing out. I called my Home Protection Service and they are sending someone out tomorrow afternoon. I hope I don't melt before then!!!

4 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger Hundewanderer said...

You should receive a craigslist super shopper award! Nice finds! You're doing a great job with the house and the wood floors are going to look great. We'll have to meet for breakfast sometime soon to continue Sally's Breakfast Safari...

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger sally said...

I found a new little restaurant on Bell Rd. :-)

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Ted and Mary Ellen said...

I'm definitely going to sell a few things on Craig's List. We have a new 50 gal elec water tank that we replaced with an instahot propane heater. Thanks for the good words about it. The house is looking good!! See you soon???

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

I hereby crown you Queen of Craigslist! You found things I wouldn't even think of looking for. Good job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home