Friday, May 08, 2009

My latest project

Needing a little more storage space, I purchased this nifty little 4X7 aluminum storage shed, on line, that needed to be put together. It took about 150 tiny screws and bolts and nuts. I had a few left over, but everything fit together. The whole shed had to be completely square for all the parts to fit together properly. On some of the roof sections there were 5 layers of aluminum parts with 5 little screw holes all lined up. A few of them needed a little extra manipulating to get the screws in, but alas, all ended well. I still have to install the doors and the plywood floor. I'm thinking of putting in some pails of water in the shed and making a sauna. It was 103 degrees here today, and probably 120 in the shed.






7 Comments:

At 6:13 AM, Blogger owner said...

Are you going to paint it yellow?

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger sally said...

It's a possibility. :-) I'm starting to like the yellow.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Ted and Mary Ellen said...

Ah, yes, I remember laying all the parts out and matching up all the holes. Seems like yesterday, oh wait, it was just last weekend!!! I'm anxious for you to arrive here so you can see all we've done. I wish I could get to SCW to see yours.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Diana said...

Very nice - you really amaze me at all the stuff you tackle, even in the heat. How about a picture of you dripping wet?

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger sally said...

I quit working before I get to the dripping sweat stage.

 
At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This model of shed turn out to be very leaky in moderate rain. You need to do some caulking around the edge or cover with tarp.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger sally said...

We'll see how leaky it is in the almost nonexistent AZ rain. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home