Sunday, March 30, 2008

2008 Summer Travel Plans



Here's my latest proposed summer travel plans. I cut out a lot of my original west and southwest stops and kept Milwaukee, and points south. I can do the west and southwest spots next year when I don't have a reason to travel to the midwest. I'd hate to miss the Harley-Davidson 105th Anniversary Party in Milwaukee just because of high fuel prices. The route is a little over 5,000 miles, not counting all my motorcycle touring miles. I'm really looking forward to riding the Beartooth Pass in Wyoming and Montana, probably in early July. And if all goes well, I'll hit Nashville, Memphis and Hot Springs, Arkansas after Milwaukee. I'm planning on leaving Sun City, AZ around May 15th and returning back to Arizona in late September or early October. Should be a fun summer!!

7 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger Ready Maid said...

What a great loop you've planned! When my husband and I visited Hot Springs for only one day six years ago, we moved here three months later!

Named as the No. 1 place in America to retire by geographer Warren Bland , Hot Springs' was confirmed as a top retirement destination on a recent Today Show segment by realtor Barbara Corcoran.

I gotta admit, Hot Springs is a pretty cool place to live, even for those of us who aren't yet retired.

To get a sneak preview, check out Spa Vlogger.

Rebecca McCormick,
Travel Journalist and Photographer, Hot Springs Village Voice

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Donna McNicol said...

...and here I am working SO hard to NOT plan my traveling. LOL!! No commitments after early July when I leave the Escapade in Gillette. Travel plans from them on will be dependent on weather & gas prices. But I WILL be in Q next January!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger sally said...

Ready maid, thanks for the info on Hot Springs. I'm looking forward to visiting and maybe a soak or two.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger sally said...

Froggi, there's several events I want to attend, so I try to work out a great route from event to event with new and or interesting places to visit. I figure if I don't plan I might miss something. I'll be up in Wyoming in July. Maybe I'll see ya there. But I'll see ya in Williams before that.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Barbara and Ron said...

Well, I guess we'll be like 'ships passing in the night'! But sounds like a lot of fun. Happy travels!

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger sally said...

Barbara, are you going to Wyoming? If not, where?

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Diana said...

I'm going to Wyoming! See you there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home