Friday, August 17, 2007

Sherwood, Tillamook and Portland

My parking spot at the Beaverton, OR Elks lodge.
On Wednesday August 15th I went on another beautiful 200 mile motorcycle ride, this time from Sherwood, OR to Tillamook, and back.



While in Tillamook I visited and toured the Tillamook Cheese Factory. It's a very popular tourist destination. They offer a self guided tour of the factory where you get to observe the factory workers hard at work. Then you wait in line to get a few free samples of cheese, then a long line to buy one of their famous and very delicious ice cream cones, then a line or two to purchase something in one or both of their gift shops, then a line to order lunch, then wait 30-45 minutes for your food to be delivered to you. I passed on the free cheese samples and the ice cream cone, but I did purchase a small package of Garlic White Cheddar Cheese. Boy is it tasty!! Then I opted for one of their ready made turkey sandwiches and coffee to bypass the long wait for a salad or burger.


http://www.tillamookcheese.com/

Tillamook Cheddar Cheese is usually on my shopping list when I go to Costco.


Here's my parking spot at the Sherwood, OR Elks Lodge. This lodge offers beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and lots of blackberry bushes ripe with delicious berries.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One evening I joined Portland's Ron Paul for President Meetup Group at a Banner Event along Hwy 5 at the the Rosa Parks Way off ramp. Ron Paul isn't my first choice in the Presidential race at this time, but I love an opportunity to join Patriotic Americans and wave my American Flag.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/118/

3 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun looking rig! How neat that you find the courage to travel alone! My hubby & I have a fifth wheel and travel when we can..safe travels!

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger The Constitutionalist said...

Hi Sally! We've had a lot going on down here in Phoenix. I can't wait till you're back! :-)

Frank

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger sally said...

I'm looking forward to returning and helping you guys. See you in Sept. (Sounds like a song)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home