Sunday, August 05, 2007

Columbia River Gorge

Wahkeena Falls was the first stop on my 200 mile ride today through the Columbia River Gorge 1/4 mile down the road was my second stop at the beautiful Multnomah Falls


This picture was taken from the lower bridge seen in the previous picture
This picture was taken above the bridge. I didn't venture much further up since I was wearing a biker ensemble rather than hiking gear.





This picture and the next were taken just before I ventured across The Dalles, OR bridge. The Dalles Dam is in the lower picture

After crossing the Columbia River at The Dalles, I continued on to Maryhill, WA home of the famous Maryhill Stonehenge
www.iinet.com/~englishriver/LewisClarkColumbiaRiver/Regions/Places/stonehenge.html


Looking westward from Stonehenge, toward Mt. Hood.



Stonehenge was built to honor the soldiers who died in WWI from Klickitat County



The town of Hood River, OR is know as the wind surfing capitol of the world.
Not only Wind Surfing, but also Kite Boarding is popular


2 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I especially liked the waterfalls. That must have been fun watching the wind surfers.

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roy_mcd said...
Sally
Really Great Pictures. Were you one of the wind surfers? Waterfalls remind me of home... S.D. especially the pine trees. hope to see you back in phoenix!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home