Thursday, August 09, 2007

Portland to Astoria to Long Beach, WA


I climbed up the 165 steps to the top of the Astoria, OR Column
This is a view of the parking lot from the top of the Column. That's my Harley way down there!!
www.oregoncoast.com/Astorcol/Astorcol.htm




A shot of the Astoria Bridge, taken from the top of the Column

A shot looking down the 165 steps spiral staircase (see my boots)
A shot looking up the spiral staircaseThen I continued up the coast to Long Beach, WA. Long Beach is famous for it's annual Kite Festival, coming up later this month, and the World Famous Kite Museum.

www.worldkitemuseum.com/

A shot from the Long Beach 4/10 mile long boardwalk

http://www.funbeach.com/attractions/discoverytrail/index.html



This is the restaurant where I enjoyed a cup of Clam Chowder while enjoying the company of two fellow motorcycle riders I met along my journey. One of the fellows attended a neighboring, rival High School of mine in Southern California. He was a few years behind me. Tom and Allan are still up there in the far left window of the protruding restaurant section.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home