Thursday, November 02, 2006

The first fews day as a happy home owner

I closed escrow without a hitch on Tuesday, Halloween. I've spent the last 4 days working harder than I have since the last time I bought a house (12 years ago). With my Mom's help, we tore down two walls of ugly paneling and a weird closet in the bedroom. And now, after pulling up ugly green carpeting on the front porch and back patio, I'm scraping the left-behind glue which has probably been there since the 60's. I ordered a dumpster, which I thought would take me a month to fill up, but actually took only 3 hours. I fixed the stacked washer and dryer unit so it doesn't wobble with every spin cycle, and the water heater stopped leaking all on it's own. The next big project, besides scraping the glue, is cutting some of the carpet away from the walls before the house is painted. Picking out new carpeting and couches is two of the big decisions looming in the near future.
I hope to post some pictures soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home