Saturday, October 21, 2006

Interesting night on the border

I spend last night on X-ray 5 post and I had a few interesting conversations with local residents in the area. One interested resident inquired what we were doing. I was honest and told him we were with the Minutemen. He said he was sorry to hear that. He basically accused us of being responsible for the deaths of all the illegals out in the desert, from exposure. I assured him we would assist the illegals by giving them water if they need it, then we would call the Border Patrol who would further assist them. I was a bit late in thinking of this response, "Not ONE IMMIGRANT has ever died coming into the United States legally through an official Port of Entry!" Next time I'll be prepared with that answer. Another resident kept asking me where I was from. For some reason I said, "The Phoenix area." When I told another resident I was from South Dakota he told me to "Go home!" Next time I'll say "I'm from the United States of America!!"
Unfortunately no illegals were spotted on our line last night, though another line spotted 8 I think, but I haven't heard the outcome of that sighting yet

1 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger squire said...

A wrote about a man walking across America for the Minuteman Progect on my block.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home