Friday, June 22, 2007

On the road again

I left Arizona on Thursday, June 21st around 9am. It was already close to 90 degrees. I survived the trek through the 111 degree Palm Springs area and didn't stop until I reached the top of the Cajon Pass where it was only 90 degrees. I spent the night there to the sounds of semis and reefers. Friday morning I forged on to Tehachapi, CA, Land of 4 Seasons, sometimes all in one day. I parked my rig north of town, unloaded my bike and rode around town a little bit, riding past my old houses. It was very upsetting to see that the current owners are NOT caring for my old homes as well as I did. I stopped by an old friends home, not knowing if she still lived there or not, but knocked on the door and lo and behold, my old friend Babs didn't answer, but my old friend Beth answered. Babs, Beth and I were good friends at one time and now I was getting a two for one. Beth was visiting Babs. I stayed and visited with the two them for quite awhile. Boy did I have a lot of catching up to do. Several hours later I got on my bike again, then stopped by to say Hi to two more friends - my daughter's ex-husband's father (commonly referred to as my ex-husband-in-law), and my ex-boyfriend's sister. Tomorrow I have a breakfast date with a handsome young man, my grandson, Zac.

5 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That was lucky seeing your friends. Do they think you're crazy running around the countryside? Have fun on your 'date' with that handsome young man.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger The Constitutionalist said...

Get back here! :-)

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger sally said...

Barbara,
Where are you?
My friends don't think I'm crazy. They are envious.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger sally said...

Hi constitutionalist,
I won't be back in Phoenix until the temps are back down in the 80's. I'll be on the Oregon coast soon, where the temps are in the 60's and 70's. I'll think of you when I'm trying to stay warm.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger The Constitutionalist said...

;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home