Saturday, August 19, 2006

Go West Young Woman

After having the luxury of having full hookups all summer, I am now having to learn all over again the fine art of boondocking. No more 24 hours per day with unlimited electricy, water and sewer. Oh well, I've done it before. I can do it again.
I left Rapid City, SD on Tuesday, August 15, 2006 and drove to Billings, MT where I spent the night in the parking lot of the Beartooth Harley-Davidson Shop. Wednesday morning I continued west and spent the next two nights at the Helena Elks Lodge. I met up with my friend Marlene and we did some shopping and eating while there. Friday afternoon before we left Helena, two WIN friends, Jackie and Nancy, arrived at the Elks and we had a nice visit. Around 2:30 Marlene and I headed west again and drove to Missoula arriving just in time for a visit to the Big Sky Brewery where we both had our fill of 5 or 6 samples of delicious brews such as India Pale Ale, Summer Honey, Belgian Pale Ale, Moose Drool (my favorite), Scape Goat, Big Sky Crystal Ale.....
Saturday morning Marlene continued her jouney to the Portland, OR area. I stayed in Missoula and headed to Costco for some much needed shopping. At this moment I'm not sure when I'm leaving Missoula, or which route I'll take to Seattle. I'll keep you posted.

3 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great chance meeting with Marlene and you in Helena. Thanks for the Merlot and the opportunity to chat and catch up. Your "work" experience confirms my suspicions.

As I left the next morning I waved a "Goodbye" to Marlene and virtual wave to you.

PS... I miss the Costco experience. The next one on my route will be in Twin Falls, Idaho.

 
At 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sally,
when you head out the Seattle way there is a great RV park in Gig Harbor and also an elks lodge. Jan and Kent would love to see you again.
let us know as you get closer
Kent & Jan

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sally, I am so glad you have this blog. I miss the RVing lifestyle and this helps me relive some great times with my RV and with you. Keep it coming. Blessings, Carol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home